Inter Neighborhood Council (INC) meeting minutes
Thursday, November 8, 2018 – 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM
City Hall, Commission Room, 121 N Rouse Ave
A. Call Meeting to Order
B. Changes to the Agenda - none
C. Public Comment – no public comment
D. Approve Minutes – October 11th, 2018 – meeting minutes were approved
E. Commission Liaison Update – Commissioner Terry Cunningham
- The Public Safety Center was approved by the Bozeman voters
- NCOD consultants are having meetings this week. There will be one more time they will come back to receive comments.
- The affordable housing plan: there is a needs assessment happening right now; there is broad community representation on the committee. The working group will develop an action plan. Many people have responded to the survey that was sent out.
F. Bozeman Police Department Update – no update
G. Neighborhoods Program Coordinator Update – Tanya Andreasen
- Gail McMillan will continue to work with the Good Neighbor Committee with MSU
- It looks like Midtown will be forming a neighborhood association
- Tanya is presenting at Meadow Creek/Southbridge to see if they want to combine into a neighborhood association
- Seat at the Table – Tanya did 7 of them. Heard themes related to engagement, land use decision-making, growth policy/plan, affordable housing, access to elected officials, and constructive feedback.
- SymBozium – sponsored by the library; discussion about fake news, finding objectivity. The next one may be about immigration.
- Bozeman Beautification Awards were last night
- There are some online surveys related to projects: go to: https://www.bozeman.net/ and look under city projects for information and ways to provide input into the NCOD, Downtown plan and Community Plan:
- A new survey for input into the NCOD consultant recommendations will be online in about a week
- Downtown plan – 4 posted surveys now and new surveys come up
- Community Plan/Growth Plan – survey online
- Next event: November 29th 5-7pm at the library – report on community engagement thus far
- Signing up for information – enotifications at www.bozeman.net look at the top right of your screen for eNotification – you can set up different ways to get information about what is happening in the city
H. Neighborhood Association Updates
- I presented information on our October 16th community meeting that was held at the Story Mill Park.
- See the NENA website for more information about the meeting and for a link to our newsletter
I. Neighborhood Program Strategic Thinking Discussion – Jennifer RockneThis is a continuation of the discussion we began last INC meeting. Topics will range from activating neighbors and steering committees, how the Neighborhoods Program can improve support of Neighborhood Associations, and goal setting for INC as an advisory body to the City Commission.
- We talked about our different neighborhood meetings and how to get people to the meetings
- If you have ideas on how to increase attendance at our NENA meetings, please let us know
K. AdjournmentFor more information please contact Tanya Andreasen, Neighborhood Coordinator, at 582-2274 or email@example.com. This board generally meets on the 2nd Thursday of every month at 4:30 PM.
Committee meetings are open to all members of the public. If you have a disability and require assistance, please contact Mike Gray, ADA Coordinator, at 582-3232.
Next meeting: Thursday, December 13, 2018 – 4:30 PM – City Hall, Commission Room (121 N Rouse Ave)